Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Day three on the Oak ridges Trail- Red cloud School road to Mount Pleasant road

Today I got lost , walked off the map and my back was a westnile shmorgishborg.


Started out a cool damp morning from the rain last night ... no sun so my farmers tan can get a rest.
Mist and rain held in the clouds
 
Beaver dam and waterfall. I am starting to get inspired..but not by the bugs.
Lots of excuses to look down
 
and up
ok..and down again..especially down!!
a few surprises.
I realize I am lost and zagged when I should have zigged but I am still on the trail..a side trail with markers and this trail has more to offer. so
we go exploring some more.
 
 
Skylar and I startle a wild turkey between two power lines ..if only it had hit a line we might have had roast turkey for lunch.
Since no turkey we had to make do with cookies and water..for us both.
Reflection of us both in the river
The sun comes out on the return leg to the car.I really should call this blog 600 kilometres on the Oak Ridges trail as we walk halfway along the trail and then back again to the car. The return leg has so far been the best.
Great colour on a sumac until I get up close and see this fungus growing on it.
Well today saw a few chippies, a murder of crows, blue butterflies, two donkeys, 4 dogs, a raven, and a few other critters... bumblebees everywhere and various bugs. Killed my first of three horseflies ..they however are still winning.


No comments:

Post a Comment